Thursday, May 31, 2012

Vogue Black


Okay I may be late to the game but I did not know that Vogue Italy had a website for all things black! Yay!!
I know their issue dedicated to Black models, designers etc back in 2008 was a big hit, but I had no idea it has spawned it's own website.

It's really refreshing to see a high end publication interview people of African descent who have  contributed gloriously to the fashion industry for decades, as well as newbies who are killin' it right now. Personally, I get tired of flipping through Bazaar, ELLE etc. and seeing women who look nothing like me.  Not that my sisters aren't ever featured, I would just like to see a more balanced approach. 

Enjoy Vogue Black if it's your first time.  A trip to Italy is on my bucket list. I've always heard they are more receptive to my skin tone so the fact that this was their idea makes total sense. I'm just sayin'....

http://www.vogue.it/en/vogue-black

No comments:

Post a Comment