Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Fashion Oscars

The Metropolitan Museum of Arts Costume Institute hosts a Gala every year that has been nicknamed the "Fashion Oscars".  Celebrities of all types gather in their best attire, to be seen and photographed.  It reminds me of a King's Royal Ball.  What I appreciate most about this event, like the Oscars and Golden Globes is the formal attire.  I think celebrities should dress with class and distinction.  Awards shows and galas are not the time to wear a ridiculous costume, but a time to show off one's etiquette. 

Here are a couple of my faves from the event. 
Amber Heard.  Beautiful color, gorgeous rich fabric, tailored fit and pouf detailing in the back for a bit of drama.

Dianna Agron.  Classic tousled hair, nude lips, smoky eyes, ethereal dress in unexpected teal green. Delightful!

Love this dress on Jessica Biel, sssooo sophisticated!  Pale pink satin with emerald green embroidery, satin clutch, satin shoes.  I'm usually not one for "matchy-matchy" but for formal attire it's best to play it smart and subtle.  One wrong move can throw your whole joint off!
Last but most certainly not least, my girl Solange. I enjoyed her look MUCH better than her sisters. For the record, I'm not a Beyonce hater, but her dress was borderline sleazy to me. (I will not post it here, google it fuh yuhself!)  This yellow beauty complemented her coloring so well and the peplum and mermaid skirt gave her a lovely silhouette.  Check out her clutch and cuff....
See what I'm sayin'?!... Simple dress, stand out color, gorgeous accessories.  Solange almost always does it for me. 

And all of these dresses are what?  TIMELESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment