Monday, June 25, 2012

International Luxury Shopping

Whenever I plan an international vacation, I also mark a shopping budget for 1 luxury item.  You can save hundreds of dollars when you purchase duty free.  But make sure you are in a country where the US$ is equal to or more than the local currency.  My favorite is Nassau, Bahamas.  A lot of cruise ships stop there.  Over the years I've gotten this Fendi shoulder bag in Nassau:
Saved $300 off retail plus duty free!

This Fendi clutch/crossbody in Mexico:

What can you get from Fendi for $200 nowadays? a key chain??

This Gucci fanny pack is from Nassau too.

 (Don't judge me, it was an impulse purchase).

In my personal opinion, it makes absolutely no sense to pay full price for luxury items.  Especially since the quality of some have deteriorated over the years (I'm talking to you Gucci). Now if your income is substantially in direct proportion to their retail costs, by all means.  But that's not my testimony.

Luxury items are a good investment.  If you keep them in good condition you can sell them at consignment years after purchase.  As a matter of fact some vintage items retail for more than the original cost.  Most of these companies have done an excellent job keeping their brand relevant over the years.  So for that I say, luxury accessories.... TIMELESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment