Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Head Wraps


I love wearing head wraps.  I used to rock them in the 90's (a la Erica Badu) the first time I went natural.  More recently, June Ambrose and Solange Knowles have inspired me to wear them again.  It's a great way to accessorize and hide bad hair days.  Even though it's in fashion currently it's really more of a cultural beauty statement that has never gone away.  My loc wearing brother and sisters never stopped wrapping their heads.  So in essence, it really is TIMELESS.

There are many different ways to wrap, from the extravagant Nigerian Gele to a Indian Turban.  A lot of people ask me how I create them and honestly, I just play with an extra large scarf or one yard of material until it looks like something.  If I had a video camera (add me to your prayer list please) I'd create a video for you guys.  But until then, here's one by Destiny Godley that will help. LUV her creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment