Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Get your shine on

I love sequins. They are the epitome of timeless glamour. The great thing about them is they were very popular in the 70's/80's era, so you can find great pieces while thrifting. Like a friend said to me recently, "I feel like I robbed the place when I thrift shop!" That's the way I feel when I purchase a couture, bedazzled piece for $20!!!

Here are a couple that I've found.

from a street vendor in Harlem, I've worn this belted with a satin tulip skirt

from Beacon's Closet in Brooklyn, looks great with jeans, heels and clutch purse


from The GoodWill store in Philadelphia, plan to wear cinched in the waist with a sash

And check out this bag I bought for $25 from ALDO.


This dress to too long for me in the torso so it's for sale. 80's era with shoulder pads and peplum waist. Hit me up if your interested. Size 4.


Also, someone showed me this lovely Etsy vintage shop today. Love this piece! Ruvarashe Vintage Shop Check out her entire store. Can't go wrong with vintage. No one else will be wearing it.

Timeless is Style!

No comments:

Post a Comment