Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bring out your Natural Curls.

It's very rare that I like a pic of myself (we are all our worst critics), but I love this one. It's from an interview I conducted for the web series "Passion Paved Journey". I'm so excited to work on this project! More to come about that soon..

Some folks wonder how I create my curly hair-do.  When I first started wearing it this way it was called the shake n'go, but now I see youtubers calling it the wash n'go.  Shake and go is a better description because that's the key to it all:

1. After I wash and condition my hair while in the shower I put moisturizing cream throughout and then add a little oil concentrating on the ends.

2. Next step is adding gel all throughout, parting my hair and working it through section by section (fave Gel is EcoStyler).

3. Once this is complete I turn the shower on again and place my head under the water, shaking my head from side to side for about 10 seconds.  The water and shaking motion allows the oil and cream to weigh my hair down and separate the curls while the gel holds them in place. 

4. I then blow dry my hair without the comb attachment, concentrating on the roots only and I'm done. 

I can keep this style until my next wash by adding a dab of gel and doing the shake under the shower each morning.  My drying process is a lot shorter because my hair isn't as wet.

So there it is. Give it a try and let me know how your hair comes out.
In the meantime, here are some more pics from the interview..

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Rochelle
    This will help me on my natural hair journey:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. Everyone's hair is different so you may need to play with the amounts of each product you use before you get your exact formula. Good Luck!

      Delete