Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Uncertainty is Good Stuff

Motivational speaker Tony Robbins list 'Certainty' as one of the major forces driving our lives. Another word for certainty is comfort, the feeling that we know exactly what the outcome will be. We ritualistically make decisions based on the safest outcome and fight battles over what we believe is truth, all in the name of certainty.

I attend Theological School, and I have watched fellow students struggle with the new ideas presented by our professors. I’ve been in church meetings where a congregant insisted the Pastor tell them exactly how to interpret a particular scripture so that they could get their desired outcome. But this is the thing folks… UNCERTAINTY IS GOOD! Now before you get your underwear in a bunch I know that we cannot live in a state of uncertainty regarding all things. I understand the need for strong faith that can move mountains, trust me I do. But at the same time it’s okay to say “you know, I’m torn on my belief regarding that subject” OR “I can’t say for sure what the end will be but I’m moving forward anyway”.  I believe the best place to live is in the center, attempting daily to balance the scale of what we know for sure with what we’re unsure about.

The world was never meant to be static. It’s changing every day and so our philosophies regarding it must change as well. What was certain in 20 A.D. may need revision in 2013, and that’s OKAY. Oh! That reminds me of the one thing I consider myself certain of:

Choose Love in all your decision making and in the end, it will ALL be OKAY.

Hope this Timeless Inspiration moved you to ponder something new.
Blessings,
Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment