Thursday, January 17, 2013

Celebrate Good Times Come On!


I received so many compliments in this dress I had to share it with you all.
I found it at my local thrift store over the summer and a Black Tie Ball to celebrate the New Year was the perfect venue! My entire outfit including accessories was under $100. Here are some tips to use when shopping for a party/wedding outfit.

* When perusing a thrift shop, look through the formal dress rack very carefully. Although it looks like a bunch of bridesmaid and prom dresses, you never know what's hidden in between. I found this blouse, see below, for my girlfriend Rho.



* Have patience while shopping. I purchased these shoes during the after Christmas sale at Saks. The price was missing and I patiently waited for a sales person to check with a manager, who checked with another manager, to find a ticket. Payoff: $39.99 original price $200.00 Ha!

Sequin dresses are my fave thing to find while thrifting. You can look like a million bucks for next to nothing but don't forget to cut out the 80's era shoulder pads. Also, a few beads will most likely be missing but don't worry- no one will notice :)

Sequins-- Timeless!

No comments:

Post a Comment